This walk is part of the trek on Fri 12 Apr 2019 15:26:41 CEST.
An accessible, easy and varied walk that crosses woods, fields and makes the most of the lovely Whitegate Way. Free parking at Whitegate station and a lovely coffee shop run by volunteers.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
From the station car park go left under the bridge and follow the Whitegate Way until you see the old railway gates.
(1) Look out for an opening on the right-hand side. At the first junction, turn right. Then, take the next turn on the left.
(2) Follow the path on your right-hand side as far as the carrot field and cross it diagonally following the pathway. After the style, a short passage will lead to a driveway.
(3) Turn left until you reach Dalefords Lane and turn left again once you're on the lane. Then, take the first path on your right.
(4) Go left and cross into the woods. Follow the wide bridleway for a while until you see a green signpost on your right.
(5) Take right on Cockpit Lane.
(6) Take left and walk along the field. Cross Dalefords Lane. At the end of the path, turn left into the sandpit and take the path at the bottom right corner of the sandpit. Follow it as far as Kennel Lane.
(7) Follow Kennel Lane until the next junction.
(8) Turn left and walk past the farm.
(9) Take right just before the small lake. Follow the path until to reach the Weaver Parkway road and carry on until you reach the station carpark.
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0 - S/F
1 : km 1.37 - alt. km 1.37
2 : km 2.56 - alt. km 2.56
3 : km 3.04 - alt. km 3.04
4 : km 3.96 - alt. km 3.96
5 : km 4.61 - alt. km 4.61
6 : km 5.05 - alt. km 5.05
7 : km 5.95 - alt. km 5.95
8 : km 6.77 - alt. km 6.77
9 : km 7.73 - alt. km 7.73
D/A : km 9.49 - alt. km 9.49
Not suitable prams/wheelchair users
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Global average : 4.33/5
Number of opinions : 1
Description quality : 4/5
Routemap quality : 5/5
Walk interest : 4/5
Global average : 4.33 / 5
Date of walk
Description quality : Good
Routemap quality : Very good
Walk interest : Good
Great walk with Granddaughter
Using a part of Lymm Heritage Trail, this circular walk will take you around Lymm Dam. It was created in 1824 by a dam built during the construction of what is now the A56 road.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.