Leaving from the fairground, you will walk along paths that have a mysterious past and are steeped in legends.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Depart from the square of Champ de Foire (the fairground square), at the bottom of the hiking sign, at the corner of Rue du Petit Pont and the cemetery. There are carparks and a parking area for camper vans 80m away.
(D/A) Go up Rue du Petit Pont, heading up to the village centre. When you arrive in front of the church, turn slightly left to go up Rue du Couvent, you will reach the tennis court, walking alongside the new cemetery on the left. Go along the well-shaded path.
(1) At the ford, leave the river Vrille on your right to head up North until you reach the paved road, which you take to the left.
(2) Leave this road when you reach the hamlet of Révillons and take first the paved road on your right, which becomes a dirt track when you turn left.
Arriving at the D66 road, turn right along it for 200m and then turn left down a road which is paved for a dozen metres before becoming a dirt track.
(3) Ignore the paths to the left and right and continue North until you reach Chassin lake.
(4) Cross the road (D955) carefully and go up the path to end on another road (D66)
(5) Turn left along the road for 200m. Leave this road to fork along the first little dirt and sand track on your left.
(6) At the end of this path, cross the footbridge to pass the swamp and the old canal pond of Moulin Cognot. Walk up between the houses. At the junction with the D955 road, cross over carefully and take the path right in front of you. It leads to la Guénerie.
(7) Turn right, the path leads to Crot Maçon. Go straight on, ignoring the paths to your left and right.
(8) At the junction of five paths (one of them is a wide forest path), take for the forest path, turning slightly left (South-East)
(9) At the end of this forest path, for the last part, go down to the left. The path is well-shaded, and at one point it forms a beautiful vault of trees. Continue straight on past les Pautrats, Bourg sans Paille and les Martins.
(10) Continue past Chateau de Ratilly on your right. Continue along the path.
(11) In the hamlet of les Jolivots, at the crossroads (on the left), take the path to the left. Go straight on and you will reach the starting point. (D/A)
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0 - Auberge de jeunesse de Treigny -
1 : km 1 - alt. km 1 - La Vrille, shortly after its springs.
2 : km 2.71 - alt. km 2.71 - Enter the hamlet from the right.
3 : km 4.66 - alt. km 4.66 - Head North on the main road.
4 : km 5.38 - alt. km 5.38 - Cross and walk up the dirt path in front of you.
5 : km 6.01 - alt. km 6.01 - On the road, turn left twice, 200m apart.
6 : km 7.21 - alt. km 7.21 - Footbridge above the swamp.
7 : km 8.41 - alt. km 8.41 - Turn right on the dirt road.
8 : km 9.85 - alt. km 9.85 - Take the forest path in front of you.
9 : km 10.21 - alt. km 10.21 - Turn right.
10 : km 11.66 - alt. km 11.66 - Château de Ratilly
11 : km 12.1 - alt. km 12.1 - At the cross, take the little paved road.
D/A : km 13.17 - alt. km 13.17 - Auberge de jeunesse de Treigny - Corner between Petit Pont and cemetery
You cross the D955 road twice, so be careful of the traffic.
The pass above the swamp was made by voluntary hikers. This area is also populated by a lot of fauna, including mosquitoes, so bring insect repellent.
We advise you to take an IGN paper map at 1:25000 for this hike.
The hike is marked out with directional signs or with a yellow line (PR) with N°24.
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 2521E.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
At point (10), depending on the season, you can follow the walkway of Ratilly castle https://www.chateauderatilly.fr/ and even visit it.
The village of Treigny is well worth the visit as is the potters village of Saint-Amand-en-Puisaye.
Accomodation (youth hostel, bed and breakfasts, and even holiday cottages) and cafés and restaurants are found in the village.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.