The Quiraing combines both majestic mountains and the mysteries of the Isle of Skye. The landscapes are magnificent.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Access: By car, take the small road from Brogaig to Uig. After a steep climb up a narrow road which makes 2 hairpin bends, you will come out onto a flat area with a small car park, where you can park.
(D/A) Set out to the northeast from the car park. Follow the path which begins by climbing upwards. Ignore a path off to the left and keep going a short distance until you reach a crossing (this is the return path).
(1) Continue along the path to the right. It levels out along the mountainside at about 300m.
(2) Cross several streams. Some cliffs rise up above the path on the left, which begins to climb again.
(3) Make your way around the Table and the Needle by the right hand side. After going through a lush little green valley, the path, which had flattened out again, begins to climb up steeply to the northwest.
(4) Go over a stile and follow the path along the ridge to the left.
(5) Enjoy the beautiful views of "the Table" from above, which is flat and covered in a meadow of soft, green grass. Continue gently down along the ridge.
(6) Follow the path, which is quite easily visible, through the meadows.
(7) Walk back down to the left along a direct path down the slope, always keeping left.
(1) Come back onto the path you took at the start, turn right, and make your way back to the car park (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0
1 : km 0.23 - alt. km 0.23 - Start of the circular route
2 : km 1.07 - alt. km 1.07 - Cross several rivers
3 : km 2.07 - alt. km 2.07 - Go around the Table and Needle
4 : km 3.22 - alt. km 3.22 - Stile
5 : km 4.36 - alt. km 4.36 - Above The Table
6 : km 5.32 - alt. km 5.32 - Meadows
7 : km 5.84 - alt. km 5.84 - Descend to the left
D/A : km 6.3 - alt. km 6.3
As with most walks in Scotland, there are very few signposts or waymarks to indicate the way.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.