A walk to discover bories (dry-stone huts), perfect for a little mountain biking special, alternating between false-flat single trails (be careful of the trees!) and wide rolling tracks to get your heart pumping or to work on your endurance.
Park in Clos Ferrier on the edge of the D19, in the car park opposite municipal technical centre.
(D/A) Take the rolling track on the right. Ignore two paths on the right and locate a path to the left which will be the return path.
(1) Continue on the same track for another 250m and get to a crossroads before arriving at the DFCI tank.
(2) Turn left on the dirt/stony path, which is less than 2m wide. Be careful: there are a few sections on slabs and blocks of stone. Reach a marked trail.
Turn left on this wide and rolling path. Get to an olive tree plantation.
(3) Turn right at the corner of the field to take a nice, rolling single track (1m wide). There's a very slight false flat through the pine forest and then a descent on a wider path, with lots of pebbles.
After a row of cypress trees, turn right on a rolling track up to an intersection with tarmac road.
(4) Go 100m to the left on this track and then take the first path to the left, going past the DFCI barrier.
Follow a wide "roller coaster" track, ignore a path to the left and very quickly arrive at a new intersection (not shown on the map).
(5) Skew left on the path. Then, through bushes and scrubland, take advantage of the nice single track, staying on the main path.
(6) Find a rolling track and follow it right between pines and olive trees up to the car park at the end of the asphalt road.
Take the track to the left and continue along the wall of the property to find the junction with a trail that rises up in stairs.
(7) Take the dirt/stony trail to the right up to the large DFCI track.
(1) Follow the right-hand trail to return to the car park (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0
1 : km 0.48 - alt. km 0.48 - Junction passed on the outward and return legs
2 : km 0.77 - alt. km 0.77 - Before the DFCI tank
3 : km 1.76 - alt. km 1.76 - Former Étang de Berthier (pond)
4 : km 3.56 - alt. km 3.56 - Equestrian centre route
5 : km 4.44 - alt. km 4.44 - Path to the left
6 : km 5.33 - alt. km 5.33 - Right on the track
7 : km 6.32 - alt. km 6.32 - Former quarry
D/A : km 7.75 - alt. km 7.75
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3143OT.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Numerous bories (dry-stone huts)
(3) Olive tree plantation: the former Étang de Berthier pond, now partially cultivated, and a few brownfield sites.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.