This walk is very easy and can be enjoyed with family.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Drive from Callander town centre, take Brackling Road to the car park at the start of the walk. You can walk this section (about 1.5 km).
(S/F) The hike actually starts from the car park. Follow the path due east below the car park. After a kilometre you will reach the waterfalls (the Bracklinn Falls). Enjoy the beautiful views of the waters and the landscape.
(1) Use the bridge to move through the waterfalls. Continue on the other side on a narrow, easy-to-spot trail (heading north-north-east).
(2) Reach a wider road, continue on the left.
(3) At the intersection take the left path that descends to the river.
(4) Pass the bridge. Head up onto the hillside opposite.
(5) Reach a small road and take it to the left. Follow this road back to the car park (S/F).
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0
1 : km 0.98 - alt. km 0.98 - Bracklinn Falls, cross the bridge
2 : km 1.57 - alt. km 1.57 - Intersection, turn left
3 : km 2.49 - alt. km 2.49 - Intersection, turn left
4 : km 3.05 - alt. km 3.05 - Bridge
5 : km 3.25 - alt. km 3.25 - Take the small road on the left
D/A : km 5.33 - alt. km 5.33
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.