The incredible waterfall and the route along the Bresque on the Sillans side.
The route along the Train des Pignes track.
Swimming in the natural pool of Salernes.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(D)Start point at the car park located at the crossroads of the Route de Cottignac and Barjols.
Take the Route de Barjols in the direction of Salernes, walking to the left. Pass in front of the Church and the cemetery where two French actors, Gisèle Pascal and Raymond Pellegrin are laid to rest.
Lower the D22 tarmac road and take the bridge over the Bresque.
(1) Take the first right, cross the car park ("Place du 8 mai 1945"), pass between the school and the river and take the track that runs along the Bresque. Continue on this trail and at the first junction, take the right-hand path to get to the waterfall overhang (a very beautiful viewing point).
Continue on the right-hand trail and at the crossroads, turn right on the trail created by the Conseil Général du Var, which brings you to the Belvedere (this trail does not exist on the map because it is new; there is a stunning view of the waterfall).
Return back on the trail in the opposite direction to find the track.
(2) Continue on this trail until the junction with the small tarmac road, the Chemin des Baumes.
Go straight ahead on the old path of the Train des Pignes. Ignore the paths to the right and left because they serve the houses.
(3) At the junction with the Route de Sillans, continue straight on this old track. At the entrance to the industrial park, take a right on to the road that bypasses it, descend on the tarmac road Camp de Requiou until the junction with the D560.
(4) Turn left and then immediately right on the Chemin de la Mude. On this road take the first path on the left, dropping into the small valley while ignoring the poorly marked trails to the left. Stay on this trail.
(5) At the crossroads with the D2560, the Route du Verdon, turn right.
(6) At the roundabout as you enter Salernes, turn right to get to the Roman bridge and in the natural pool of Salernes (picnic area and swimming).
(7) Resume the road that crosses the bridge and which rises, the "Chemin du Gourgaret".
Ignore the road to the left and the trail to the right, continuing straight on this road.
At the end of this tarmac road, it turns into a track.
Take the left one that leads you through the forest. At the junction, turn right on the path that descends before rising again.
Turn left before the vegetable garden and walk up the track that passes in front of a small hut.
Carry on between the ruins and turn right immediately after the small trail to the right (non-existent on the map because it is completely new, but does have yellow markers).
At the next junction, turn right and then left and down this track in the direction of the river.
Walk along the river, and don't hesitate to take the trails towards the Bresque to admire the waterfalls.
After the climb, take the track to the right, arriving at the crossroads to access the waterfall.
(8) The short trip to try to see the foot of the waterfall is worth it (approaching the waterfall is not permitted, there is a barrier).
Take the path on the right again to get back to the starting point.
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0
1 : km 0.41 - alt. km 0.41
2 : km 1.26 - alt. km 1.26
3 : km 4.02 - alt. km 4.02
4 : km 4.86 - alt. km 4.86
5 : km 5.17 - alt. km 5.17 - Roundabout
6 : km 5.47 - alt. km 5.47 - Nougaret bridge
7 : km 8.03 - alt. km 8.03
8 : km 8.21 - alt. km 8.21
9 : km 9.83 - alt. km 9.83 - Cascade de Sillans
D/A : km 11.12 - alt. km 11.12
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3443OT.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Swimming and picnic at Salernes.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.