Walk on the ridge of Sainte-Baume after visiting the Cave of Mary Magdalene.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
- Starting point (1): Ste-Baume Hotel car park.
- Take the path next to the hotel along a field in the direction of the forest.
- At the forest turn right and follow the “Chemin du Canapé” leading in the convent.
- Once Chemin des Roys meets (2) head right to go back to the convent and the cave (3).
Enjoy exploring this area during your visit!
- Starting out from here, go back down Chemin des Roys to the oratory (2) and take a path starting on the right.
- Follow it to the Saint-Pilon pass (4).
- Once on the ridge head left, following the path to Pas de Villecroze.
- Head left following the ridge to find the yellow markings indicating the Pas de l'Aï. The path is a bit hidden, keep your wits about you if you do not want to miss it.
- Once you are in the Pas de l’Aï, follow the path down in loops up to a large dead tree.
- Take the path off to the left (6) and follow it under the ridge for about 4 km.
- From there, several paths are open to you. Take the big one for 150 m, then turn left.
- Continue to the car park and the starting point.
D/A : km 0 - alt. 672m
1 : km 1.68 - alt. 859m
2 : km 1.88 - alt. 917m
3 : km 2.73 - alt. 942m
4 : km 7.12 - alt. 1039m
5 : km 7.3 - alt. 1030m
D/A : km 13.3 - alt. 672m
- Depending on the season, bring enough sunscreen and water.
- Also, depending on the season, remember to check access permissions for the ranges (fire risks).
- On the ridge it may also be windy.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
- The Cave of Mary Magdalene.
- Sources de l’Huveaune.
- You can pick eat or get refreshments at the guesthouse
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.