A circuit between forests, marshes and towpaths along the Seine. If you'd like to, don't hesitate to visit Brigitte, who collects lions and tigers (safely of course!).
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
Start from caravan park at the edge of the Seine Quai Paul Girardeau.
(D/A) Go south along the Seine. At the first intersection, turn right onto Rue de la République towards the centre of the village. At the roundabout, turn left on Rue Pasteur in the direction of Bourg Achard.
(1) When you get to a curve, follow the Rue du Bourg to Charol which rises to the left. After 50 meters, turn left again on the Chemin du Moulin. The street extends onto a forest path.
(2) When you get to the water tower (a little way off to the right), take a sharp left and descend through the wood to the marsh. At the bottom, take the path on the right. Ignore a path going off to the left and then another on the right.
(3) At the following intersection, turn left (northeast) and around a pond.
(4) At the end of the path, close to the Douillère, turn right on the road. After about 150 m, turn left onto the Rue du Passage du Trait and continue up to the Seine.
(5) When you reach the Seine, turn left along the towpath. With the Seine to your right, go past the site of the association Caresse de Tigre (6). Continue along the Seine to the start-point car park (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0
1 : km 0.81 - alt. km 0.81 - Rue du Bourg à Charol
2 : km 1.88 - alt. km 1.88 - Descent toward the marshes
3 : km 3.37 - alt. km 3.37 - Intersection
4 : km 4.58 - alt. km 4.58 - Right, close to the Douillère,
5 : km 5.67 - alt. km 5.67 - Towpath - Seine [la]
6 : km 7.98 - alt. km 7.98 - Site of the Caresse de Tigre association
D/A : km 8.96 - alt. km 8.96
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 1911OT.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
On the Chemin du Mascaret, there's a section past the association Caresse de Tigre. This association is run by a passionate pair of former handlers who live on the edge of the Seine with 17 tigers, white tigers and lions! Visit upon request with a prior appointment.
Address, phone number and other information: Here
An easy hike around Bec-Hellouin, through forest and old monuments:
old houses, an abbey and a monastery.
A circuit through plains and undergrowth in the heart of Caux passing through the charming hamlet of Veraval.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.