Lovely hike without much difficulty. After climbing uphill for just under a kilometre, just enough time to reach an altitude of 700 m, where the the panoramic view of Lubéron with its lowlands and further below the valley behind Murs, opens up to you. Just for your enjoyment, this view will last for more than 4 km. The majority of the circular hike is through forest paths.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
On arriving in Murs, coming from Apt, the car park is located on the D15 country road in the direction of Sault, right at the front of the intersection. This is a small car park. If there aren't any spaces, you will need to find another space in the village. You won't have much difficulty in finding one though.
(D/A) Leave the car park and start walking on the D15 in the direction of Sault for about 1.3 km. Follow this road which cuts across the D15A.
(1) A little after, leave the D15 to the left at the start of a bend between a cedar hedge and the entrance to a house. Follow this path which takes you to the D15 again.
(2) Continue on this road for about 150 m.
(3) Leave the road again, turning left. The Yellow waymarking on a telephone pole indicates the change in direction, but the path is not very clear. Going alongside the road for a few metres, you will see the path and the Yellow waymarking. Follow this new path until, about 600 m further on and for the last time, you re-join the D15.
(4) Opposite the property "Jas de Laurent", take the country road for about 150 m, the time it takes to go around this property to the right.
(5) Leave the road and follow the path (Yellow waymarking) on the left which leads to the Grande Blaque (700 m attitude) after 1.8 km.
(6) Veer to the left in the direction of the "Vallons" and start the descent back downhill following the waymarked path.
Be careful, after 20 m, take the path on the left and ignore the one on the right.
Now, for more than 4 km, you can let yourself be guided by this path which goes around the 'Combe de Fronse' and then the 'Combe de la Gayette'. There is no risk of going wrong so you can fully enjoy the view of Lubéron and the valley below, a real treat. Go through the Vallon (valley) de Petié and join the D4.
(7) Follow it to the left for 70 m and then take the path on the right which you follow for 200 m.
(8) You will arrive at a field of cherry trees. There are no waymarkers here. Cross the field on the left for 10 m. About halfway, you will re-locate the Yellow waymarking on a cherry tree (on the right) and, when you leave the field, the Yellow waymarking returns.
Next, go left along the dirt path which, after 50 m, turns into a small tarmacked road. Follow along this road up to the intersection with the D15a.
(9) Continue opposite by taking the dirt path which leads to another intersection with the D4 country road. Cross over it and continue straight on another tarmacked road for 80 m.
(10) Turn left. You will feel like you are entering a private property, but that's not the case. This is indeed a road which goes through the small hamlet of Vergiers, very rustic, for 150 m.
(11) At the end, at the crossroads, turn right onto the D15a which you re-join. After 500 m, you will re-join the famous D15 which you took at the start.
Turn right onto it to return to Murs in about 1 km. The closer you get to Murs, the closer you will be to discovering a very beautiful property called "Le Jas" and the Château de Murs, which is also beautiful, but private and therefore, unfortunately, not open to visitors.
Return to the car park where the hike ends (D/A).
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0
1 : km 1.27 - alt. km 1.27 - Leave the D15, branch off to the left.
2 : km 1.88 - alt. km 1.88 - Junction D15.
3 : km 2.07 - alt. km 2.07 - Turn left, Yellow waymarking on the telephone pole
4 : km 2.64 - alt. km 2.64 - D15, turn right opposite the 'Jas de Laurent'.
5 : km 2.74 - alt. km 2.74 - Take the path on the left, Yellow waymarking.
6 : km 4.46 - alt. km 4.46 - Turn left in the direction of the 'Vallons'.
7 : km 9.16 - alt. km 9.16 - D4, turn left.
8 : km 9.58 - alt. km 9.58 - Turn left, through the field of cherry trees.
9 : km 10.72 - alt. km 10.72 - D15a, go straight ahead.
10 : km 10.99 - alt. km 10.99 - Turn left, feels like entering private property.
11 : km 11.14 - alt. km 11.14 - D15a, turn right.
D/A : km 12.67 - alt. km 12.67
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 3142OT.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Take a walk between Mormoiron and Villes-sur-Auzon on the trails of old ochre quarries.
The route leads up the Véroncle canyon then down the south-facing slopes of the Monts de Vaucluse.
Walk up Vaumale valley along a beautiful trail equipped with climbing aids and then come back down the wilder and less rocky Lioux valley.
Circuit around Lioux returning through the Madeleine cliffs, with fine views of the Vaucluse ranges.
The Nesque River gorges and the Saint Michel chapel starting from the Bourget Lake in Monieux.
Circuit around the Aigue Brun to see the different aspects of this valley nestled at the foot of the Luberon.
Excellent walk with an amazing uphill trail to "Les Rochers de Baude" leading to the ridges of the "Luberon plateau"
A demanding route that climbs up to the crests above Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, where you will have unrivalled views.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.