Hike around Epinay sur Orge (a small town south of Paris) from the train station of the RER C.
It follows paths and quiet streets, heads through Bois des Templiers and follows the courses of three rivers: the Orge, the Rouillon and the Yvette. A trail through the Bois des Templiers with views of an old stone bridge with three arches of the ancient Templar Commandery of the eleventh century.
Calculated time is computed with the distance, the height difference, and an average speed of 2.2 mph. For an intermediate walker, this time includes small breaks.
(S) From the RER C line Epinay sur Orge train station (Place Stalingrad), reach Rue Pasteur by crossing the tracks through the tunnel.
Continue on Rue Pasteur, pass by Rue de l’Orge on the right and Voie des Près to arrive on Rue de Corbeil (D117). Take it to the right for 100 m.
(1) Continue on a path that goes right along a stream. At the end of this path, do not turn right but continue on the path on the left that crosses the stream over a footbridge.
Go under the railway, pass by Avenue des Tilleuls as well as the path that continues along the stream. Also pass by Chemin Latéral and continue left across the path through a meadow to reach Rue de l’Orge.
(2) Turn right, cross the bridge and then go left and follow the banks of the Orge to the pond of Moulin du Breuil.
Cross the bridge on the left and go around the pond on the left. Come back to the footbridge, head left via Rue de Villemoisson, Rue de Rivoli and Rue de Chevreuse. At the end of the latter, turn right and immediately left to head up Rue de la Montagne.
(3) Turn left up Chemin des Froids Culs, then reach Rue de Rivoli. Head right for 200 m, return to the path and turn right on Chemin de Villiers in Epinay. At the next junction head opposite on Chemin de la Tournelle. Go to the entrance of Ballainvilliers. Go around the roundabout to the right, cross the D186 to the left as soon as possible and continue left on the road.
(4) At Rue Saint-Sauveur, turn right on Chemin d’Aunette then continue straight along the Bois des Templiers.
(5) Enter the woods on the right and follow the Rouillon on its left bank passing over Pont des Templiers bridge, a relic of eleventh century. On leaving the wood, turn right then up to the left on Rue de la Chevauchée Cut across Route de Corbeil road then right on Chemin de la Chevauchée as far as the railway line. Turn left and follow it until the Gravigny-Balisy station. Cross the level crossing to the right and continue for 10 m.
(6) Turn right on the GRP marked in red and yellow along the Yvette. We find the Rouillon, which flows into the river at this point. Arrive at the Petit Vaux station and head right on the street of the same name and cross at the level crossing. Turn left on Rue de la Station, which becomes a cycle path.
Cut across Rue du Grand Vaux to the left and take Rue des Rossay. Return to the GRP route on the right along Allée des Rossay taking you back to the station of the RER C Epinay sur Orge line.
D/A : km 0 - alt. km 0 - Gare d'Épinay-sur-Orge
1 : km 0.33 - alt. km 0.33 - Leave Rue de Corbeil - Turn right - Orge (l')
2 : km 1.09 - alt. km 1.09 - Rue de l'Orge - Turn right
3 : km 3.28 - alt. km 3.28 - Chemin des Froids Culs
4 : km 5.26 - alt. km 5.26 - The Breuil barn
5 : km 6.06 - alt. km 6.06 - Bois des Templiers
6 : km 7.95 - alt. km 7.95 - Gare de Gravigny-Balizy
7 : km 8 - alt. km 8 - Bank of the Yvette - Yvette (l')
8 : km 9.71 - alt. km 9.71 - Gare de Petit Vaux
D/A : km 10.69 - alt. km 10.69 - Station of the RER C - Gare d'Épinay-sur-Orge
Pass through three stations of the RER C: Epinay sur Orge (Brétigny line), Petit-Vaux and Gravigny-Balisy (Versailles line).
We advise taking IGN maps with you on this walk. Click here to buy : 2315OT.
Hikideas and this author cannot be held responsible in the case of accidents or problems occuring on this walk.
Moulin du Breuil lake.
The Breuil barn.
Pont des Templiers bridge.
A walk of many faces! On forest tracks interspersed with paths through the city, you follow an old railway line with a tunnel and viaduct, finishing along the course of the river Yvette. A walk to enjoy at any time of year.
A hike which is mostly in the forest, with lovely sections along the Mérantaise river and the ditches which run down from the Saclay Plateau.
This hike mostly takes place along the Yerres, a tributary of the Seine, and also includes a section in the Forest of Senart and an urban section. There you can enjoy the charm of this river and the beautiful houses around it, admire two ancient watermills and come cross no fewer than four standing stones along the way.
Hike connecting Igny (Essonne) to the Palace of Versailles. The route follows the Bievre, and 80% of the route is on roads through forests. A calm, cool walk with scenery that will leave you with a unique souvenir.
This walk starts in Crosne, goes through the Grange Forest and then through the town of Yerres before reaching Park Caillebotte where the painter lived. The walk goes along the Yerres River and finishes by going alongside the communal gardens in Villeneuve-Saint-Georges.
For more walks, use our search engine.
The GPS track and description are the property of the author.